Full details of any new or changed xml elements can be found on the configuration page.
Moved repository and install packaeges to new service provider. See installation page fore details.
- Fixed bug whereby SqueezeIR would crash if IRoIP was enabled and the cache was cleared and reloaded.
- Fixed bug that would cause SqueezeIR to hang at Status 2 (In Progress) if a malformed SqueezeIR.cml file was used.
- Fixed bug whereby SqueezeIR would crash if no cache was found.
- Italian localisations (by aka68).
- Fixed bug that cause the Controller to reboot endlessly with large configuration files.
- French localisations (by sg2).
- Spanish localisations (by chincheta0815).
- Hotkey functionality changed to enable/disable SqueezeIR's handling of the Controller's buttons. The old functionality can be obtained by adding this xml to each profile:
<key ID="66"> <!-- Home | Back -->
<target>my menu</target> <!-- change to match the menu ID in the profile's <menu> element -->
- Ability to enable/disable SqueezeIR's handling of the Controller's buttons via settings or hotkey (see above).
- Popup title display problem fixed.
- Bug fixed whereby SqueezeIR could crash if the Controller was turned on when no SBS was available
- Configuration is now locally cached on the Controller. NB: Configuration is now no longer updated automatically from the server upon Controller startup but must be done manually from Settings > SqueezeIR > Advanced > Update Configuration.
- IR-over-IP Feature added to allow IR devices to be controlled over the Internet via a web browser.
- Settings screen redesigned to allow room for the new options.
- Can be run on desktop Squeezeplay (manual install) for troubleshooting purposes.
- Order attributed elements may now be non-sequential (eg 10,20,30 instead of 1,2,3).
- Roberto Ierusalimschy & Greg Badros credited in 'About' Screen.
- 'About' Screen is displayed on startup or after Reload Configuration if any errors are present.
- User-Defined keyNames (See Configuration page for details).
- Bug fix in handling LIRC RAW_CODES.
- Norwegian localisations (by HansRL).
- Bug in DENON protocol fixed.
25/06/2010 0.91 (BETA)
enu ID> Case is respected when used as the caption on the Controller's Extras menu.
<minPopupTime> changed from
- Icon transparency fixed.
- Bug in xml parser's error handling routine fixed.
24/06/2010 0.9 (BETA)
- New optional=
<minPopupTime> element in header and
<event> sections to define the minimum time (in milliseconds) that a popup is shown for. The
<event>'s element overrides the header's element.
- New optional string
<homeCaption> element in header and
<profile> sections to define the text on the Extras menu item. The
<profile>'s element overrides the header's element when that profile is active. If both are missing then the value of the
<menu> element for the active profile is used (which changes dynamically as the active profile changes). If the active profile has no
<menu> element then SqueezeIR is used.
- Settings Screen has been re-vamped. Default Profile selection has been moved to a sub-menu to allow long profile names to be displayed better.
- Tab characters are now stripped from xml values to allow multi-line popup text to be justified within the source xml (for neatness) and not affect the displayed popup.
- New icon for SqueezeIR Settings.
- Bug Fix:
trings.txt Converted to UTF-8 to allow for extanded character sets.
- Bug Fix: Serveral issues with popups have been fixed (eg popup not being shown or default action not happening when
- Bug Fix: Window activate sound not playing when using the
<hotkey> has been fixed.
17/06/2010 0.8 (BETA)
- New optional=
<event><wait> element to control whether
<target> are applied after
<actions> are completed, or upon KEY_UP.
- Popups can be displayed with user-defined text using
- SETTINGS_MENU_WEIGHT changed from 999 to 100 to put SqueezeIR above Advanced in Settings.
- Bug fix to allow LIRC files with >32bit commands to be processed correctly.
- Bug fix to prevent Status 3 (success) being displayed if LIRC files could not be found.
- Bug fix to prevent new users not having a default profile selected upon initial startup.
10/06/2010 0.71 (BETA)
- Fixed bug that caused the Controller to crash if
EVENT_KEY_UP was detected before all the commands in an
<event> had been processed.
02/06/2010 0.7 (BETA)
- Installable via repository.
- Support for SBSv7.3 removed.
<playerActions> group in
<event> to fire SqueezeOS player actions.
<target> Now only supports SqueezeIR menu IDs and
_BACK now performed using the
<target> Moved inside
<event> to allow different targets for different events.
<menuEvent> event in profile to allow things to happen when entering a profile's root menu.
- All config files stored on SBS server (MUST have
.txt extension. Existing users may need to rename their lirc files and modify
- Error logging much improved.
- Support for Sony's SIRC-8, -12, -15, -20 protocols.
- 'About' Screen displays the result of the last configuration attempt.
<Command> Can now contain
<protocol> to override the remote's default.
ALL Event ID added to simplify xml if press & hold events are identical.
12/05/2010 0.61 (BETA)
- Bug in Pronto protocol converter fixed.
15/03/2010 0.6 (BETA)
_HOME Target action fixed.
- Now works with SBSv7.5 & 7.6.
- Command & Action pauses and counts now work as expected even if there is only one action.
- Logging tweaked to circumvent maximum message length in log file.
- Sample config has been greatly simplified.
08/02/2010 0.5 (BETA)
- Any button (not just GO) can move between SqueezeIR menus.
- Menu movement now includes Back and Home as well as SqueezeIR menus.
07/02/2010 0.41 (BETA)
- Custom icon for the controller's Home, Extras and Settings menus.
04/02/2010 0.4 (BETA)
- Bug fix whereby volume control went haywire when in the SqueezeIR Settings screen.
- Profiles linked to menus now work through screensaver.
- Default value of <screensaver> element changed from FALSE to TRUE.
01/01/2010 0.3 (BETA)
- Settings option "Reload Configuration" added to allow changes to data dir to be activated without restarting the controller.
- Optional parameter <screensaver> added to <menu> to allow screensaver to be disabled when in SqueezeIR menus.
24/12/2009 0.2 (BETA)
- Bug in PRONTO code fixed.
- Hotkey modified. Press brings up profile's menu if not already in a SqueezeIR menu, Hold enters SqueezeIR settings.
26/11/2009 0.1 (BETA)